In 2014 over 270 teams competed with over 12,000 participants! In nine years, $4,654,000.00 has been given back to our community. As a participant or donor, the results of your efforts can be seen in our Niagara region every day. If you haven't joined us yet, please do! We need your help to make this extremely unique volunteer run even more successful. We are proud that our run committee are all unpaid volunteers and we do not receive a salary from any entity.
This is very important: the Rankin Cancer Run expressly requests that those raising funds for our event do not canvas door-to-door and this has always been made clear to our student participants. If you are approached to donate to the run at the door by someone you do not already know and trust there is a good possibility that the money is being collected fraudulently.
T-shirt entries for designing the pictures on the shirts for the 2015 run should be in by the beginning of December.
The guidelines for the competition are:
1) Students in Kindergarten through College and University are eligible to enter.
2) Submit pictures on 8 x 10 paper.
3) Please use a maximum of three colours.
4) The theme is cancer – what does the word mean to you? How do we join together to raise funds to fight cancer? How can we positively send a message through the picture you create?
5) Create a picture, big, bold and easily seen and understood.
6) Mail to: 2 Maplewood Drive, St. Catharines, ON L2M 3P1